Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Brothers together!

I've been wanting to put Jacob and Levi in the same room together for a while. They're just too little to be in their very own rooms! Besides, I think it's good for them to learn how to share their space with others - after all, after home there's college roommates, then mission companions, then eventually marriage. It's a good skill to acquire while they're young. Anyway, we finally did it. I've been putting it off because I knew I would have to take apart the crib and put it together again in order to move it from room to room - no small feat. I got curtains for them (I am thinking ahead to when the sun doesn't set until 9:30pm, but bedtime is still at 8:30pm) and I also got a new "car" carpet with a map on it. It's a nice cozy room now, and the boys are really happy about it. Jacob loves his "new car room" and Levi loves going to bed, as long as his brother is right there across from him. It actually makes life just a little bit easier!




And now Levi's room is my "laundry, ironing, sewing, miscellaneous project" room. It's a bonus for all of us!

2 comments:

Coleen said...

Hey! You did it! It looks way cute! Now they can be best friends.
Good job!

Julie Sacks said...

I'm so glad that you have your own space! The room looks very cute. So Chad is coming next week to see me and after he leaves,I can say that the only one of my siblings that have not seen my home will be you. How do you feel about that?