Friday, February 8, 2008

Time for 2008 resolutions!

Alright, y'all. I've been contemplating the numbers on the scale and how weak and tired I'm feeling, and thinking of all of the caramel popcorn, brownies, apple crisp, hot fudge, and ice cream I've consumed the last few days and it's got to STOP!!! Time for those new years resolutions to be put into place. I've always done well when I'm accountable to people other than myself, so here we go... Can you help bug me about eating healthy, and how to stop the incessant snacking on sugary sweets, and that I should get the exercise I need? I've got a plan, and it goes into place in the morning. (Today is the "throw out the garbage and plan menus and shop for good stuff" day.) I figure that I will weigh in tomorrow morning and let you know where I stand, then I can report each week how I'm doing (number of times I've moved my body to the point of sweating and if I've lost any fluff). If you have any good hints, recipes, or other general thoughts, let me know! I'm ready to feel better. According to the scale, I've got close to 20 lbs. to lose, but if I can gain some muscle, the number could be negotiable. I get a fitness assesment from the gym I joined (but haven't been to since my due date with Levi) that I've never done, so when I do that I'll make a few number goals. But right now it's just a goal of eating more healthy, and moving more. Wish me luck, and help me out!!!

1 comment:

Julie Sacks said...

We need to help each other out! I keep thinking about what you said about it being hard for a week or so to break the sweet habit, but I just can't get past one day with out them! We need to keep a watchful eye on each other and maybe then we can both succeed!