Saturday, February 16, 2008

Husband Tag!

My sister loves to play tag! I've been tagged to tell everyone about my husband. It's an appropriate time of the year to brag on my man! So here we go...
Husband Tag
What is his name? Aaron Joseph Hall
How long have you been together? Let's start from the first kiss... He first kissed me in August 1994, so it's been 13 1/2 years!
How long did you date? 11 months from first kiss to the temple.
How old is he? 37
Who eats more? Aaron, no doubt
Who said I love you first? Aaron (he's always been better at saying things like that)
Who's taller? Have you seen us?!? Aaron's got a foot on me.
Who can sing better? I sound great in the shower, but I'll better Aaron carries a better tune.
Who is smarter? Aaron - Mr. High School Valedictorian, BYU Magna Cum Laude graduate, "I only got a B in that one religion class at BYU because it was too early in the morning and he counted tardies against my grade, otherwise I've never gotten anything below an A- in my whole scholastic career" - Hall
Who does the laundry? I do, and I hate doing it.
Who pays the bills? I do, except in times of complete stress where Aaron takes over. Although Aaron tracks everything with Quicken and makes sure we follow the (mutually agreed upon, although I don't stress about it as much as maybe I should) budget.
Who sleeps on the right side? I sleep closest to the door so that I am the first one the kids come to. Aaron sleeps closest to the bathroom. :-)
Who mows the lawn? Last summer, Aaron did. I'm hoping for a repeat.
Who cooks dinner? I do. I don't mind cooking (I love it if it's dessert!), but I hate cleaning up.
Who drives? I drive the mini van, he drives his Explorer, and when we're all together, I usually drive unless we're on a date.
Who's more stubborn? This is a hard one. Aaron can be a real hard nose on some issues, but when he is wrong or has hurt my feelings, he always figures it out and makes me feel better. I on the other hand, tend to avoid confrontation at all costs, but I'll stew on bad feelings longer.
Who kissed whom first? It was a mutual agreement
Who asked whom out first? Aaron was a great date planner. We did a ton together with a group of people the summer before we started dating, but the first official date was asked by Aaron.
Who proposed? Aaron
Who has more friends? I have a few really great confidants, Aaron has more aquaintences.
Who is more sensitive? I think I am
Who has more siblings? Aaron - he is the 2nd child of 9 (plus 5 step brothers and sister). I am the second of 5 children
Who wears the pants? One thing I love about our relationship is that I don't feel like either of us is "The Boss." I think we do a pretty good job at talking things out and compromising for each other. So I guess we share them. (And as Aaron reads this, he needs to wipe that picture out of his head!!!)

So there you go, Julie. I've fulfilled my "tag" assignment. Thanks for giving me something to blog about. I'm off to get Jacob out of the tub and the rest of my boys out of the cookie dough. (We're making sugar cookies today. Wish you were here to share them!)

3 comments:

Julie Sacks said...

I wish I was there to share them too! And no, the spices don't make the cake spicy. In fact, I don't think it would change anything if you didn't put them in. The whole reason behind it is that it's suppose to make things more "spicy" in the love department, if you know what I mean, but for me, I don't feel the "effects" it's suppose to have on you. It's really chocolaty but if you like chocolate, then this is the cake for you. Although I would suggest using milk chocolate instead of the dark, it's a little too bitter for me with the dark. Ok, this comment is now the longest comment I have ever made....ever.

Julie Sacks said...

P.S. I loved reading your tag, I am such a good tagger, and it's always fun to share right?!

ncrigtrup said...

I love reading the blog. Thanks to Julie for tagging.....what fun!