Friday, April 9, 2010

Today I started thinking

about how fast my kids are growing up. This morning Levi started to ask for his blanket, which usually echos around the house as "I wann my bankeeeeeee!!!" But today as he looked around for it, he said "I wan my ban-KET." NOOOOOO!!! I'm not ready for my baby to stop his baby-talk!

Jacob has decided to become a force for bullies to reckon with. As we spoke with the kids about bullies at school and how to deal with them, Jacob said, "Mom, I want to be an evil cat and eat up all those bullies." Yes, an evil cat. That will scare them.

Caeden needs to stop growing for a minute. Seeing him hold hands with a girl kind of freaks me out. (Nothing against the girl. She's a wonderful girl. And in 15 years or so, it will be a beautiful thing. But I'm not ready to see my boy hold hands with a girl.)

Zachary is using deoderant because HE NEEDS IT.

Jordan is in middle school. WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!?!? He is in a school play. He has 8 classes. (He got a 4.0 last term.) He cries for no reason. His voice cracks when he sings the "Dora the Explorer" theme song. (If that doesn't show true straddling of the child/adolesence line, I don't know what does.)

Aaron is a big wig at work and has a belly. (But don't tell him that. He just thinks that maybe he should start running again.)

I AM 40 YEARS OLD!

Didn't I just get married yesterday? Wow. Time really moves on.

Too often I think that I need to update my blog, then I sit down to the computer and think of everything that has happened and tell myself that I'll catch everything up when I have a huge block of time. Then I proceed to play computer games for an hour. (Don't judge. I bet you've done it too.) Meanwhile, my kids grow, do fun things that I want to remember, and time keeps going. So I'm resolving to do better. I'm changing my background so that it's no longer valentine's-ish, and one day I'll figure out how to fix this banner thing, (yes I see that big white gap and I know the picture is fuzzy...) and I'll start recording those things I want to remember. Because my kids are pretty awesome, and I want to remember that these busy, sleep deprived days are really some of the happiest times in my life.

Life is good. I need to take a minute or so every now and then to remember that!

2 comments:

Coleen said...

I am hoping to see the growing before I grow too old! Love the monolog!

Julie Sacks said...

I know what you mean, time with kids just goes by way to fast! We all need to put rocks on there heads to stop the growing! And Caeden... holding hands, what they hey?