Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chef Zach

Yesterday, Zachary decided to make breakfast. Blueberry muffins to be exact. I was getting out of the shower when he knocked on the door. "Mom? I made breakfast."
"Really? What did you make?"
"Blueberry muffins."
"Do you need some help?"
"Nope."
"Do you need me to turn the oven on for you?"
"Nope, they're all done."
"Well good for you! I'll be out in a second and we'll eat!"
"Guess what, mom..."
"What...?"
"I found some mint extract in the cabinet and put in the muffins. That's why it smells minty in the kitchen."
"Uhhh, really?"
"Yup, I think you'll like 'em."
"Oooooh, 'K, bud. I'll be right there..."
Long story short, everyone had some, (although some ate a little more tentatively than others) and at the end of the day, the general consensus was that they were ok, and the best part of eating blueberry mint muffins is that the minty feeling made their burps feel clean. Leave it to my boys to point that out.

ps - Don't tell Zach, but I don't recommend the mint flavoring...

3 comments:

Julie Sacks said...

Yum, my mouth is watering as I read about zachs adventurous cooking!

Coleen said...

Go Zach! I can't imagine mint and blueberries....but chocolate and mint....yum!

Jeni said...

Christie, that is so funny. Zach is such a cute spunky kid - (as is reflected in his cooking style)