Thursday, February 18, 2010

Basketball season ends...


I love it when my boys play on teams. I love it when they learn new skills. I love it when they get their hands on the ball and shoot and feel happy and we get to take them out for a treat. I love that there's something to do on cold wintery January days when no one wants to leave the house. I actually like the smell of gymnasiums. Guess it brings back good memories of the old gymnastics days. But most of all, I love it when it's OVER! YAY! I HAVE MY SATURDAYS BACK! (another reason that I'm a bad mom...)

Speaking of basketball, once in a while Aaron will score a few Jazz tickets from subcontractors. Of course, it is intended to "express appreciation to the Okland management staff" or something like that, but let's get real. It's big time "schmoozing." These are good seats. Last time Aaron got tickets, he took Zach with him to the game. Zach was duly impressed with the concierge service. Nothing like lobster legs and free refills of sprite brought to you by a kind and personal attendant. The view was pretty good, too. I hope they enjoyed it, because I don't think I could ever bring myself to pay what these tickets were worth:
Do you see that? That's $1200 PER TICKET! $2400!!! Oh, the silly things men do to impress each other. On the plus side, Zach and Aaron really did enjoy themselves. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, we love the perks!

2 comments:

Julie Sacks said...

Christie! You are an amazing mother! I don't think I have ever seen a mom lover her kids more. So don't you dare say you are a bad mom.
I don't know why those tickets are so much, the Jazz suck anyway.

Coleen said...

It is always fun to see kids do amazing things... and it is always good to have a break! It is the effort that counts and makes you a good mom!