Friday, August 7, 2009

More July Fun!


So the last day of school was July 2nd. My boys are getting so big! Caeden completed 1st grade, Zachary (above) completed 4th grade (both earning their Mustang Pride and Reading Awards - go boys!), and Jordan is moving on to middle school- 7th grade! I was surprised that there was no "6th grade graduation," - it seems that so many schools do that these days! - but he moves on nonetheless! After the obligatory last day of school ice cream, Aaron and I both did a shift at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house, then we hurriedly packed up and headed to Bear Lake for the 4th of July weekend. So Much Fun! We went with the Wilkins family, and had a blast. The first night it rained - poured, actually - and we discovered that our new (used) tent was a great buy! We all emerged the next morning nice and dry, and enjoyed another day on the beach. The boys worked on sand castles a huge part of the day! (Jacob corrects me "They're not sand castles, mom, they're mud castles!")
The water was a little chilly, so we spent a lot of time in the sand:
Working on the castles:



Jacob helped too!
Final Products:

While the older boys built "mud castles," Levi loved being pulled around in the boat. (This is a raft that Aaron and I bought for our first anniversary... It's had a good life!)
Break Time!
Jacob got worn out (maybe it was from his constant wandering up and down the shore...)
Cute Sam (the Wilkins newest family member!)
Levi enjoying the lake:
Jordan leaves his mark:

We'll continue with our fun weekend later - I've got to go clean peanut butter out of the carpet... But I still love my boys!

3 comments:

Coleen said...

You have so much fun....always thinking up some adventure....can I come???

Julie Sacks said...

I see that you found other uses for the surf shirt! Any time I have seen pics of bear lake, it looks so pretty and blue, but every one says its super super cold? Was it really that cold?

Julie Sacks said...

ps your brave to camp with a 2 year old.... and Jacob. Someday maybe I will be just as brave!