Friday, August 21, 2009

Jacob's first day of school


Is he really big enough to do this??? He's been talking about wanting to go to school like his brothers, and Aaron and I have realized that a year of preschool would be essential in his "social conditioning" so that he survives kindergarten, but sending the little man off for the first time just seems like such a big step. He is so excited, though! I couldn't find him for a few minutes this morning... He was in the van, impatiently waiting to go. We've been practicing "following directions" and coloring and tracing.

I hope he likes his teacher. I hope she's a patient woman who won't get too frustrated with Jacob's activity level. I hope they don't lose him. I hope he will stay out of the bathroom.

I hope he will want to go back for his second day on Monday. I hope he is just as excited after school as he was before. I hope he doesn't get frustrated and call everyone in his class a "stupid head." (We've been working on eliminating that from his vocabulary - but haven't been fully successful.) I hope he follows directions. I hope he makes friends. I hope he blends in. I hope he loves it.
I love my Jacob!

2 comments:

Coleen said...

I love to see Jacob....very sweet. I think he will love school!

Julie Sacks said...

I wish it was just the sun, but no, it's highlights? Do you like?