Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Easter Weekend

A pretty good load of sugar!

Happy Easter y'all! I hope everyone had a great weekend! We sure did. We were able to go on 2 Easter egg hunts. One was at my cousin Wendy's home. She hosts one every year and my boys always walk away with a big basket full of candy!
Levi was a little clueless this year, but soon got pretty excited once he realized that there was candy in them there eggs...


After the hunt, we were treated to lunch, then a pinata! The pinata started out as a flamingo, but the head and legs were the first to go...

Zach takes a pretty good swing.

Jordan tried to power through a swing. He later got frustrated and started a swordfight, and pretty much speared the flamingo.

Caeden was so intent on getting candy out of the bird that he actually went airborne... Brady was making it tricky to hit the pinata!

After a good sugar rush, we headed home to prepare for Sunday. I had a talk and a lesson to prepare, and a few other things to do to get ready for Sunday!

Sunday morning the boys all got their baskets. The Easter bunny didn't leave eggs in the yard this year, and my boys were bummed. I figured that with the egg hunt at Wendy's home and another at Grandma and Grandpa Gilbert's home after church, we didn't need to make the bunny work harder than necessary... (besides, I'm trying to steer towards a more Christ-centered Easter, less toward a bunny and plastic egg Easter). I tried to reason with them, "You don't need 3 Easter egg hunts, do you?" I heard Caeden stomp off, muttering under his breath "Yes, we do." Yeh, I think I have a little work to do regarding our efforts towards a less sugary holiday...

After church, we headed up to Grandma and Grandpa Gilbert's home (that's Aaron's mom and stepdad) and had fun searching for eggs. Grandma and Grandpa worked really hard to hide - and I mean HIDE - eggs in their backyard. They live up on the side of the mountain, and have great pathways and bushes and trees for egg hiding.

Jordan found an egg!

Zach checks out the water wheel for eggs.


Levi and Aaron on the path.

The kids had a great time looking for eggs with their cousins, then we all enjoyed a barbeque. It was a fun weekend spent with family and friends and we hope everyone had a great Easter, too!

2 comments:

Coleen said...

Great Easter! The boys seemed to have a great time.

Julie Sacks said...

I love the last picture of Levi and Aaron, it's very cute! Glad to see you had a great easter!