Monday, September 15, 2008

Jacob's birthday!

Jacob's birthday was very low key! We got him a truck that hauls cars, a maze book,and a box of mac 'n' cheese. And what was he most excited about? The mac 'n' cheese... What a fun guy he is!
I can always count on Jacob to be the most exciting man on the block! He tells me he loves me, and then licks me to prove his point (he is into the "be a dog" thing!) He loves to cuddle (even at 2 am), and he loves to read his monster books. He has been the source of my greatest stress so far (throwing himself from the 2nd story window was one of my greatest nightmares!), and the source of my greatest mess (let's just say it had something to do with 75 lbs of sugar and 1 1/2 gallons of honey... if you lived within the continental US at the time, you probably heard me scream...). But he is tender and sweet, curious and full of energy, and he has taught us to love differently than any other. So, here's to you, Jake, and the hope that we keep you alive long enough to serve your mission!

Jacob chillin on the beanbag

Jake's first trip to Disneyland!

first steps

He loves brownies - just like his mom!

first buzz cut

Riding the pony

Hiking the Y with dad and brothers

Jacob "I guess I can't fly" Hall with his skull in pieces...

At the pond with his brothers

Playing in the snow

SeaWorld in 2008

Yay! We made it to 4!!! (he wanted a pudding cake, so that's what he got!)

We love you Jacob, and we're so glad you're part of our family!

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Sounds like a fun birthday! Jumping out a window! AHH! That must of been that scream I heard!

Jeni said...

Shucks - If we knew it was his birthday Monday we woulda sang to him (put a candle in a marshmallow or something). Thanks for stopping by, and what a cutie he is!!

Coleen said...

Yeah Jacob....a very Happy Birthday!

Nikki said...

So cute. I love the age of four. They are coming out of that toddler stage and say some of the funniest things! Maybe we will run into each other at a game sometime. I keep thinking I'll run into you all the time, what with us living so close to each other and all, but we never seem to be at the same place at the same time!

Julie Sacks said...

To be honest, I am surprised the kid made it to four. Good luck Jacob in all your adventures as a four year old! And good luck to Christie too:)