Monday, July 14, 2008

We were there!








On Friday, July 11th, we noticed that the steeple had been put up on the temple just west of our home. We decided to go up and check it out, and when we got there, they were preparing to put the Moroni statue up on the steeple. We immediately parked the van and jumped out to watch them put him up. I was so glad to have had my boys all with me so that they could watch it too. It was so very cool! What awesome timing we had that day! It is so fun having a temple being built so close to our home.







Here's the view of the temple from our backyard. Neat, huh!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

That is so awesome!! I can't imagine being able to look out your backyard at the temple! It's absolutely gorgeous.

Nikki said...

It's no big deal that you didn't call me. I was watching the neighbor's kids that day anyway. So I wouldn't have been able to go. We did drive by it on Saturday so the kids could see it, though. I'll just be happy to go to the dedication and have two of my kids there, too. Thanks for the thought, though.

Coleen said...

WOW! Aren't you the lucky one! That is so cool! You have a pretty good view from your home...what a reminder!