Thursday, July 3, 2008

Here's the recipe I promised:

I've been telling people for a while that I'd put this "Cream Biscuit" recipe on my blog, so now I'm actually going to do it! It's a yummy biscuit recipe, and it's really quick. My boys love it when we buy a rotisserie chicken for dinner. Whip up the biscuits, warm some green beans, and voila! dinner is served! It's nice because you don't have to cut the lard or butter or whatever into the dough, just mix the dry stuff together, add the cream, and there's the dough. Hope you try them, they're fast, yummy, and we love them!

Cream Biscuits

Mix together:
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 TB sugar

Stir in:
1 1/2 cups cream

Knead for about a minute, roll thick, and cut into circles (we use a mason jar lid!)
Bake at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes. (I use my stoneware pan, and just preheat it with the oven. Then I put my biscuits on the hot stoneware. It makes the bottoms more crispy. You may need to cook them a little longer if you don't use stoneware - I haven't done it any other way, so I'm not sure about the time using just a regular baking sheet!) Good luck, and I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Julie Sacks said...

That sounds way good. I am going to have to do that sometime! By the way, I love the new look of your blog! They have a ton of cute ones huh?!