Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Is it really that time of the year?

This is what we discovered when it was time to send the boys out the door to school Tuesday morning:


We knew it was coming. Even mowed the lawn on Monday for the last time. Picked up the soccer cones and sand toys, pulled the last surviving plants from the garden. But it still throws me a little to look out and see this.
Jacob, however, couldn't be more excited!He got all his winter gear on and ran in circles for 20 minutes, just loving "my new season!" He gets a little frustrated with me when I try to explain that it is still fall, so now I just concede that this is "winter weather."

After the boys all were home from school, the snowman building began.We didn't get a ton of snow, but just enough to make a few of these frosty fellows for our yard. I love that they love to play in the snow. I just hope it lasts...

2 comments:

Coleen said...

What a winter wonderland! Kids make snow fun!

Julie Sacks said...

Oh I am so sad that you got snow already. I am already so sad to see the leaves off the trees now. Ready or not, here it comes :(
good to talk to you today, sorry I had to hurry and get off the phone so quick!