Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I hope everyone is having a great day! We started out the day with pumpkin pancakes. They were so yummy, I wanted to post the recipe online ~ just in case I lost my copy, and also to share it with everyone who likes us enough to check out our blog every now and then...
Our (new) traditional Halloween breakfast
Pumpkin Pancakes
2 cups all purpose flour
3 TB brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup pumpkin
1 egg
2 TB vegetable oil
2 TB vinegar
Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl; all the wet ingredients in a second bowl. (Use a blender to mix the wet ingredients.) Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and cook on a medium hot griddle. The batter is a little thick, but the recipe cautioned against trying to thin it out using extra milk, saying that it would dilute the pumpkin flavor. Just spread it around a little on the griddle. Another hint given in the recipe was to let the batter set for about 5 minutes before cooking in order to let the vinegar fully react with the baking soda so that the pancakes would be nice and fluffy. I did, and they were! I like them better than IHOP's pumpkin pancakes.
Hope you try these out! If you do, let me know what you think!
Now I'm off to prepare for the sugar rush...

3 comments:

Coleen said...

Thanks for sharing.....I'll have to try them!

Julie Sacks said...

We are having the elders over for breakfast / dinner I think I am going to try these out! Thanks for sharing!

Tricia said...

I keep coming across different pumpkin pancake recipes. I think it's a sign that I need to make these! They sound yummy!